“Welcome to the 182nd Post of Zingcreed, the totally unique Christian/Atheist blog where I think aloud about religion and life. No holds are barred in this personal polemic, and I hope you get something out of it!” Peter Turner, M.A., M.Sc.
I want to thank you for reading and commenting on what I have written in Zingcreed since I started it one year ago. The response has been positive and encouraging, and I shall probably carry on with it for another year or more. I still have about a hundred topics listed in a notebook. I think some of them will surprise you!
Here are some readers’ comments:-
“This is an extraordinary document. Would you mind if I shared it with other members of the ….team?”
“I thought yours was very close to our vision of truth.”
“I must say this is a lively attempt to fill in the gaps in the traditional Christian creeds. The Zingcreed Manifesto is just the sort of re-working and re-imagining of the old, old story that we should all be doing in our spare time!”
“You write clearly and persuasively. I came across your blog by chance, it’s simply fresh and clear!”
Here is a list of the top ten most popular Zingcreed Posts. The one at the top had twice as many viewers as the second on the list.
- Jesus’ dark side
- A Christian/Atheist manifesto with Zing (aka the Zingcreed)
- Small dark ugly and illiterate – the real Jesus?
- On surviving the alpha course
- Nuggets gleaned from Jesusite websites
- Throwing the baby out with the bathwater
- No way José (José Porfirio Miranda)
- Jesus and non-violence
- Sex#2: What the Torah says about Nigella Lawson
- About zingcreed FAQ
- (How Emperor Constantine corrupted Christianity)
My favorites would have to include (in no particular order)
- I love Syria
- Time to tackle the atonement
- Naked Jesus, a cock and bull story?
- Jesus the subversive
- How the church suppresses dissent today
- The prophets attack profits
- The Kingdom of God – a kingdom of nuisance and nobodies?
- The folly of faith
- Jesus was a sage not a priest, prophet or king
- Now that’s what I call practical Christianity #14: Rev Paul
- Jesus and wealthy people
Some Posts lie unfinished. I aim to rectify that, especially those dealing with Tolstoy, Gandhi and non-violence. I’m planning to check out a few ancient ‘sages’ too, to see how they compare with Jesus. Hope to see you there!