Hope my laughing out loud doesn’t cause offence to any African brothers and sisters, but when I read this Kehinde Adegbolahan leaflet that someone left on a bus seat I just couldn’t help it! Kehinde has a big presence on the web – just check him out to get more of his preaching style, or visit the MFM venue at 25 Rothbury Road, Hackney Wick. London E9.
Witchcraft is a major component of many West African’s lives. When I did the Alpha course in a predominantly African Baptist Church near my house in North London, several of my fellow course members were weighing up the white man’s religion (Christianity) to see how effective it might be in liberating them from the evils of witchcraft. Witchcraft was obviously a very real and terrifying presence for some of them. Of course the bible takes it seriously too, there are 8 references to witches or witchcraft listed in Crudens (i) such as “Suffer not a witch to live” (Ex 22:18)! See future Post on the church and centuries of witch-killing in Europe. I do not wish to be judgemental in today’s Post. Draw your own conclusions.
This is what the leaflet says:-
“Welcome to Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries.
Setting the covens ablaze.
Mountains of Fire and Miracles Ministries International is a full gospel ministry devoted to the revival of apostolic signs, Holy Ghost fireworks and the unlimited power of God to deliver to the uttermost. At MFM worldwide, absolute holiness within and without, as the greatest spiritual insecticide, and a condition for heaven is openly taught.
MFM is a d-i-y gospel ministry where your hands are trained to wage war and your fingers to fight.
Hour of intercession 9:55am – 10:05am
1) I withdraw every organ of my body from any witchcraft altar, in the name of Jesus.
2) Every trap of witchcraft, catch your owners, in the name of Jesus.
3) O Lord, send evil angels after the enemies of my soul, in the name of Jesus.
4) Every witchcraft padlock, fashioned against me, be roasted, in the name of Jesus.
5) O God, smite the enemies in their hinder parts, and put them in a perpetual reproach, in the name of Jesus.
6) O Lord , feed my enemies with the bread of tears and give them tears to drink in great measures, in the name of Jesus.
7) Every damage done to my destiny, by witchcraft, be reversed, in the name of Jesus.
8) Let the stars fight against my enemies after the order of Sisera (ii), in Jesus’ name.
9) O God arise and uproot everything you did not plant inside the MFM Ministries.
10) Let the fire of revival fall upon MFM, in Jesus’ name.
11) Let the power of peace and progress overshadow this nation, in the name of Jesus.
12) Power must change hands in my life no matter what the devil may say in Jesus name.”
(i) Cruden, A. “Complete Concordance” Lutterworth (1954)
(ii) Book of Judges, etc.
[indexed & linked, t&c]